Chat Rewards gives players a reward if they type a certain phrase into the chat.
There are conditions available that limit whether a reward can be claimed, such as:
- Only certain hours of the day are rewards available.
- Only players that have a wallet with any NFT can be rewarded.
- Only players that have a wallet with a NFT from certain collections can be rewarded.
- Only players on a certain team can be rewarded.
The rewards can be an amount of Resources and/or Reward Points.
This component works in conjunction with the VIP Team Selection component. See more info here: https://learn.coregames.com/vip-team-selection/
- Drag and drop the Chat Rewards template into the Hierarchy.
- Select the template root object and open the Properties window.
- Change the
Phrasecustom property to the desired phrase.
- Press the Play button and press the Enter button to open the Chat window.
- Type the phrase and press the Enter button to receive a chat reward.
How to use
The root object of the template has 14 custom properties.
The phrase the player must type into the chat to receive the reward.
- Case Sensitive
If true, then the phrase and chat message will compare upper and lower case spelling.
- Check Teams
If true, then only players on certain teams will be rewarded.
If CheckTeams is true, then this comma-separated list of team numbers will represent the team players that can receive a reward.
- Check Tokens
If true, then only players that have a wallet linked containing an NFT will be rewarded.
- Contract Addresses
If CheckTokens is true, then this comma-separated list of contract addresses will check if the player owns a token from one of these collections.
- Start Time
The time the phrase will start being rewarded. Uses UTC time zone and 24 hour notation with a colon (for example: “18:56”). Defaults to “0:0”.
- Stop Time
The time the phrase will stop being rewarded. Uses UTC time zone and 24 hour notation with a colon (for example: “18:56”). Defaults to “24:0”.
- Cooldown Timer
The amount of seconds before the player can be rewarded again. Any number less than 1 will be treated as no cooldown.
- Daily Limit
The amount of times a player can claim reward in a day. Any number less than 1 will be treated as no limit.
- Reward Points Title
The title of the Reward Points notification. Note: Reward Points are only usable by Perks members.
- Reward Points Amount
The amount of the Reward Points rewarded. Note: Reward Points are only usable by Perks members.
- Resource Name
The name of the resource to be rewarded.
- Resource Amount
The amount of resource rewarded.
There are two events being broadcasted from the server script to the client script. They both check the component root id, in case there are multiple Chat Rewards. These events can be hooked in for visual or audio effects. See the client script for an example.
- Broadcasted when a player successfully receives a reward.
- Broadcast to all players.
- Passes the player’s name who was rewarded.
- Broadcasted when a player fails to receive a reward.
- Broadcast to just the player who failed.
- Passes the reason the reward failed.